Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jan. 3rd, 2009. Love.

My friend Jack, who happens to be a cat, is very sick. He has very slim chances of recovery from what is ailing him.

He is in Houston with my family - I just brought him home on Christmas day. I'm currently in New York, finishing the rest of the packing up of my things, and grabbing Jack's brother Homer to return to Houston with me once the movers come for my stuff.

Jack might be there when I get back to Houston. Jack might not be there when I get back to Houston. The waiting and not knowing is the hardest part.

I have limited experience with the death of loved ones. I'm trying my best to understand....that's why I'm writing this, I suppose.

That, and also I love Jack very much.

When situations like this happen, when people flutter in and out of our lives, my initial reaction is to ask, "Why, God? Why did you bring this person into my life only to take him away? What is the lesson I'm supposed to take away from this?"

With Jack, the only lesson I can even begin to fathom is that I needed to learn about love. Plain and simple. Jack taught me that love is easy, love is uncomplicated, and that love is definitely, definitely real.

Thank you, Jack. I believe in love. I'm really glad we met and got to love each other.

No comments:

Welcome to Little Bee's Little Blog.

Where Abby collects her honey.

About Me

My photo
The wind that blows is all that anyone knows.